Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fall Gift

Here is a great little homemade gift you can give for a Thanksgiving hostess treat or make some up for your neighbors for Christmas. Homemade Granola. No, I'm not going organic or living by candlelight. I still like pesticides on my fruit and I don't recycle my ziplock baggies. I got this yummy recipe from my friend Holly and it will be listed below.

To make it special, I put them in mason jars and put a little cellophane around them. Instead of fabric, I used scrapbook paper to put under my lid and tied it with ribbon and printed and punched out a little tag. I LOVE this stuff in yogurt, on top of my Blue Bell, or just by the handful.

Homemade Granola
3 1/2 cups Old fashioned Oats
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
5 tsp veggie oil
5 Tbls Pure Maple Syrup
1 tsp salt

Mix ingredients together and spread out on baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring once throughout.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment