Monday, April 25, 2011

The Dressing Table

Oh how I love this piece.  I know my sweet Aunt is going to want this one back when she sees it.  
Remember when I picked her up what she looked like?


She was in very good condition, but I needed to paint her.  I sanded, primed, and painted her one of my new paint colors from Olympic, Milk Paint.  Added a little Valspar Antiquing Glaze, replaced her knobs, and cleaned up the mirror.  Here she is decorated in all her glory.  I loved this piece because I knew it would display my antique typewriter just fine.  The postcards on top are a collection that my great-grandmother had and the earliest ones are dated 1907.  I love how the address just says...
Miss Ida Hale
                      Prescott, Arkansas





Our Study













Parties I Linked To...
Vintage Wanna Bee - Talent Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday - Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesdays - Savvy Southern Style 
Restored It Wednesday - Restore Interiors 
Power of Paint - Domestically Speaking 
Piece of Work Wednesday - Primitive and Proper 
Show & Tell - Blue Cricket Design 
Wicked Awesome Wednesday - Handy Man, Crafty Woman
Whatever Wednesday - Momma Hens Coop
Penny Pinching -  The Thrifty Home 
Whassup Wednesday - Elements Interiors
GetYour Brag On! - Gluesticks 
Transformation Thursday - The Shabby Chic Cottage
Hoo's Got Talent? - Night Owl Crafting 
Time Travel Thursday - Brambleberry Cottage 
Flaunt it Friday - Chic on a Shoestring
Furniture Feature Friday - Miss Mustard Seed
Frugalicious Friday - Finding Fabulous
Frugal Friday - Shabby Nest
Inspiration Friday - At the Picket Fence
Show and Share - Just a Girl
Sunday Showcase - Under the Table Dreaming
DIY Project Parade - DIY Show Off









20 comments:

  1. Oh, I like! From the looks of your last few posts, you have been a busy girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a vanity just like this and I've recently fallen back in love with it. Yours is adorable! I love the hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! you did an amazing job, good eye there ;) keep the amazing posts coming. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a great piece. I love what you did and how you decorated it. What a great little desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a girl after my own heart :) Abandoned furniture, free, dumpster diving & all.

    You asked about the color on my desk make over. I actually just mixed some paints that I already had.

    Some of the best colors are made from just mixing :)
    Valspar - Sawyer White
    Behr - Disney (it's a deep blue)
    Behr - Silver Gray, it's actually a porch & floor paint that I have. The gray helped mute the blue down a little.

    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered you blog-- this is a beautiful project-- love the after!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job! Im your newest follower!

    I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)



    If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors....HELLEEERRRR!

    Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

    "Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

    a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!




    Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet and pretty! i love vanities like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! And the typewriter on it looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely piece!
    Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do. :-)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Its so nice to have ways to display precious items from loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found your blog @ Just a Gir's party and I was completly drawn to your vanity. I've been looking for one for a while without any luck. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for putting this on our Wicked Awesome wednesday link party! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That piece is precious! I'm glad you get to keep it :). I love it when I can squeeze a piece into my home and not sell it! You have a cute blog! I'm your newest follower, come visit mine anytime!

    Julie
    paintedparlor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a very similar dressing table I used as a desk for many years but right now it is sitting in our shed. If only I had the space to pull it out again...


    Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kerrie, This is such fabulous piece of furniture - fantastic job - Looks amazing! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today. Hope you are enjoying your week ~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. She turned out lovely, Kerrie! So did your aunt want her back after this wonderful redo? lol

    Thanks for linking to the party. I would love to have you join me each week. By the way, stop by and see your little project featured (hopefully tonight, perhaps tomorrow).

    By the way, I just joined you as a follower.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. it looks beautiful! i bought an antuque one off of craigslist, cut the middle out and sanded and painted it black . i put the now two pieces beside my pedistal sink in my bathroom . want to find another one and paint it white for my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete