Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easy No-Bake Pie

For those that know me, I am not known for my splendid baking abilities.  In other words I'm baking challenged. My family encourages me to bring appetizers, snacks, or heck, make the whole dinner, but they know not to ask me to bring something baked.  I even had an Easy Bake Oven growing up.  Waste. Of. Money.

Here is one of my favorite don't-have-to-turn-my-oven-on dessert recipes.  It's Butterfinger Pie.  So easy and so great for the summer.



 First, the ingredients...
1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
1 8 oz carton of cool whip
3 Butterfinger Candy Bars
1 pie crust
(I used the 9 oz today for some company but you can use the standard 6 oz)
 

I hit the candy bars with a spoon to crush them inside their wrappers.  I also save a little for the topping of the pie.

Mix all ingredients with mixer until combined.  If you make fun of my hand mixer, you will be removed from the blog.  If I got a beautiful red Kitchen Aid mixer it would be purely for decoration. I just can't shell out $300 for one decoration.


Pour into pie shell and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Enjoy!
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment