Friday, September 24, 2010

Tagged!

I was "tagged" by my friend Carrie and thought I'd play along! Here are the questions she asked.

1. What is your favorite Bible verse? How did it become your favorite? Why?  Why you wanna make us pick??   I am nothing without the grace of God.   I love how Paul says...

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.   1 Cor 15:10

Also, John 6:35 because no matter what we are going through, GOD is our nourishment and we will never be hungry or thirsty in Him.


2. What is currently on your nightstand? Sudoku is always on my nightstand and I LOVE it.  The best thing on my nightstand, though, is my Kindle.  Michael called it my "boyfriend" once.  I just got through reading "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers...hello...talk about a good book.  Right now, though, it's anything to do with Isaiah because BSF is in full swing!

3. If you have a Saturday where there is nothing on the calendar (Yeah, I know you’re laughing right now!!), how would you most like to spend the day?   By the time I got done with it, there would be a hundred things on the calendar!  We usually go to the beach cabin or have friends over.  I love a dirty house on Saturday night.  That means I was surrounded by friends.

4. I’ve recently finished Dr. Kevin Leman’s book The Firstborn Advantage. Do you think there is anything to “Birth Order?” Do you see any birth order characteristics in you, your hubs, and/or your kids?  Is the Pope Catholic?  Heck yes there is something to birth order!  There is a scientific proven fact from the University of Somewhere that the oldest is bossy, a leader, a guinea pig to their parents, independent, driven, on-time, people pleaser.  Now, are you asking me if I see ANY of those in myself (ahem, oldest of five) or my oldest boy???  Certainly not! 

5. Do you plan to grow old gracefully or fight it every step of the way (within reason – i.e. age-fighting moisturizers, covering gray hair, etc.)?    Girlfriend, I've been fighting it since I was 15 with my Oil of Olay.  I think some of it is hereditary, but I'm helping it out as best as I can!  

6. Do you like Starbucks? And are you a fan of their seasonal coffees?  Is this question legal?  I think you get arrested if you blaspheme Starbucks in the United States.   
Love their Pumpkin Spice but I have to get the no-fun-skinny-non-fat-no foam-one splenda-Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  I think it has a total of 2 Calories...

7. How do you decorate and/or prepare for fall?  Love it!  I put leaves on the banister, fake pumpkins on the floor, a cornucopia on the buffet table, and little welcome signs out front.  (gotta have the good fall smell in the house too!)

8. What is your favorite fall recipe?  Mmmmm...I love making soups.  Baked Potato, Cowboy Stew, Bean, Tortilla, etc.  Gotta love pumpkin pie though.

Thanks Carrie, that was fun!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha. where do i even start? (ps. i'm glad you found my blog. i hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me)
    Redeeming Love. My favorite novel, ever. I just loaned it to my friend who got hit by a car to read while she's recovering and I wish I had it to read again. :(
    BIRTH ORDER. Do NOT even get me started!! I have been "studying"/reading birth order since my freshman year of college (YEARS ago, I know)...my favorite thing to talk about, but seriously don't get me started.
    Drinking a pumpkin spice latte as I write this. (I love working with Traci)
    Okay that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I'm glad you joined in and played, Kerrie!! ;)

    I didn't ever think I wanted a Kindle ... until my friend was showing me hers the other day! Now I'm intrigued.

    As far as Redeeming Love ... I read it when Ethan was a baby. I cried for a week, and it almost made me give up fiction for good. I don't like the emotional journey of a good book - I find I usually read non-fiction. I did, however, enjoy her Mark of the Lion trilogy. I read them before we went to Rome, and I think it made our visit to the Coliseum so much more meaningful.

    I love fall ... it's my favorite time of the year! I'm still waiting for the cooler temps, though ...

    ReplyDelete