Friday, March 11, 2011

Another Peek...



Good morning blog world. You know when you watch those makeover shows and all you really want to see is the before and after? When they show you the people's reaction, and you know it's going to be good, but you still have to sit through an hour show to see the reveal?... I hate that! So, with that being said, I'd like to show you another sneak peek... :) Sorry bloggers, I just have to let my mom see my room before I post pictures.
I've been busy finishing up. The trim, painting, hunting down the perfect decoration, etc. It turned out better than I thought. The hanging lantern above is one of the cute little pieces I put on the wall. I love looking at other blogs and websites to get ideas and I came across two that inspired this. One is from a great site called The Shabby Chic Cottage. I love it. I used her idea of taking a PLANT hanger to display a lantern. (who would have thunk it?) I got it at Lowe's and spray painted it. Here is her version...





The other lantern I fused together with this one was from a blog called Thrifty Pasonage Living. She took a Pottery Barn idea and made it affordable. Love it! Here is her creation.


So with both of those ideas I knew what I wanted. I was going to get some wire and make my own until I found this cute white lantern at Pier One for ten bucks. I also found the sea glass, sand, and candle there. Distressed the plant hanger a tiny bit and hung it. There it is. Another sneak peek before the final pictures. More to come...
Have a great weekend!!
Posted by Picasa

Featured on...
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

6 comments:

  1. How adorable!! I love what you did with the lantern!! can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature of my lantern. I'm so honored that I've inspired you! I'd like to welcome you to blogging. It's a year ago this month that I started blogging. I still have things with blogging that I'm trying to figure out. I agree with you that at times it can be overwhelming. I have found great help from other blogging friends. If I can help in any way, I'd love to help. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Such a cute lantern, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am in need of a lantern hook exactly like that, could you please advise where I could buy from? In the UK if possible. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to find in any hardware store such as Lowe's or home Depot just take your phone with you with a pic of it and show a person who works there exactly what you are looking for.

      Delete
  5. I love this!! Where did you find the accessories for inside the lantern?

    ReplyDelete