Monday, May 9, 2011

Fabulous Finds


Here are some little things that might not ever make it into a big post all by themselves.  I didn't want them to feel left out.  These are just some of my favorite finds that I've either purchased or "inherited" or just plain taken from my dad or aunt....
 This first piece is a corner bookshelf I found at a garage sale for $10.  I painted it, antiqued it with some glaze and...nope didn't seal it.  I was lazy.  
I use it to display some of my fabulous finds.  
FYI: Anything that is older than 100 years is antique.  
Vintage is anything over 20.  
Dang.  I'm Vintage.



I bought this awesome sewing basket packed with goodies during our trip to North Carolina.  Talk about an great place to find antiques.  Wooden spools, trim, needles, etc. 




(from left to right) 
My darling friend Rhonda gave me a very precious gift.  An old wooden film holder from her husband's father.  The two glass insulators were from my aunts garage and my dad gave me the old thermos.  We think it used to have some sort of cork top.  The black and white picture is of Michael's grandparents at their wedding.




Antique Books, cow bell, my first blue zinc top Ball canning jar, and my dad's metal toy top.




My mom and dad made this 3D shadow box for my Meemaw before 3D was even cool.



A very special thank you to everyone for their prayers for my sister, Kelly.   Although there were some set backs that returned her to the ICU, she is now well on her way to recovery.  Can't wait till she's home again!  Stay tuned for some new pieces of furniture and some items for sale.

Enjoy your week!
Kerrie

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great treasures.
    I have a thing for cowbells and am thrilled when I can find an authentic one with good tone.
    Your corner shelf was a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the corner cabinet - great buy! Love the vintage storybooks. I am proud to be vintage!!!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete