Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Circus was in town!

Last year I started a tradition with the girls in my family. Every year on the Saturday before Easter, I host a Tea Party. Last year's theme was just your basic antique tea party. View it here.
This year I went a different direction and chose a circus theme. So. Much. Fun. It was colorful, happy, childish, and fun! (and no weird clowns)
I want to share with you the pictures and some of the ideas that I came up with. Some are my own and some I totally copied from the internet or Pinterest.
(can I get a shout out for Pinterest!)



I purchased a few things on Etsy including the paper straws, peanut and popcorn bags, and the canvas elephant goodie bags. Love Etsy for that kind of specialty stuff.

I printed out some flags, pennants, and images for more decorations.

Michael helped me create this homemade Ring Toss board and I used plastic bracelets for the rings.
The "prize" for the winners were bags of goldfish. Remember those growing up? Those goldfish didn't have a chance of living but these are plastic fish in glycerin soap. A fun bath toy to take home.

For the "big top" decor I used red and white plastic tablecloths and hung them from the ceiling. I made pennants from scrapbook paper I had and glued them to ribbon.

I learned how to fold a napkin on the internet and put a noise maker in the center. The placemats were pieces of scrapbook paper lamenated and decorated.

My sweet cookie lady, Bridget, is courageously battling cancer so I had to order from Norma's in Alvin. Bridget, yours are still the best!

Peach Tea -
Instant Peach Tea, Peach Nectar, and Ginger Ale

Probably my favorite table. Mainly because it has cotton candy on it. I printed some water bottle labels from the internet and wrapped them around some cream soda bottles. I had to have animal crackers and those nasty orange circus peanuts. Plastic popcorn tubs with yellow and white tissue paper added to the theme.

And here we are. Can't wait till next year!


Next, I'll post the photo booth pictures! You won't want to miss this! Have a great week!
Kerrie
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You're so creative! I know y'all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! I love the decorations and know that the girls must have appreciated your hard work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete