Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm Back!

OK I know I'm in big trouble, right?  Where have I been for the past few weeks?  Why haven't I blogged?  Am I out of projects?  Heck no!  This time I can honestly say I can blame it on my little sister!  Hah!  We have been having so much fun with my whole family for the last few weeks getting Kelly's house ready to move in.  Not only is open heart surgery a family affair in my family, but gutting and renovating an entire house is too! 

Right before Kelly found out she had a hole in her heart, they closed on a new house.  Crazy timing huh?  So for the past few weeks we've been out of town helping them with big and small things.  So I'd like to share with you some of the projects I worked on and show you a little bit of what we've been doing.  I don't have all the completed pictures yet, but will get some when we go back and everything is in the right place.  You'll LOVE her house!

 Here is a before and after of a dresser I did for my nephew.  He shared a room before so he need a new one.  I found this gem on Craigslist for $10!!!  The paint is Tuxedo Tie from Lowe's and I got the drawer pulls there too. 
OK.  Here is a little before picture of the kitchen.  It is truly amazing what it looks like right now but what I want you to notice are the pieces of paper taped to the right cabinet doors.  That's my sister's way of bossing us around organizing, even when she's not there.  Love it.  Bad thing is we referred to those stupid pieces of papers quite a bit.  My dad and brothers are electricians and did all the electrical work.  Under counter lighting, recessed lights, etc.

 This is me and Katie painting.   (Have I ever mentioned I love my SIL? )  We did this until our hands fell off.  Every room.  Every inch.  Every crack in that house got painted.  My mom is a painting machine too and that's where we get all our "wisdom" from.   I have to mention my baby sister Katherine watched my boys for me so I could paint.  Thanks Katherine.  We couldn't have done it without you!!


If you want to know what I dream about at night...
this is it...

Anyway, back to the projects.  For some reason Jason and Kelly decided to let me faux their fireplace.  You wouldn't think I get nervous about painting anything anymore, but this made me nervous.  They had their last fireplace professionally done and I had big shoes to follow.  It was gorgeous, but I wanted to save them some money so I went to it.  Here is the before and after without the finished mantle.  

See my cute mom?... painting machine!


So there are a few projects and some of the work we've been doing over at my sister's new house.  I can't wait to give you a tour and hopefully give you some ideas for your own house.  I will have a list of all the colors she used with each room.  

OH!  One more thing.  If you want to know what the men did when all of us women were working?
Here ya go!



A friendly game of tether ball.  Get to work Jason Allen and John!

4 comments:

  1. You are a gem for helping out! I know she's utterly grateful to know you guys were there for her when she needed it..... great job on the fp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the drawers! Great job Kerrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are back! Love that dresser, and how lucky to have such a strong family. Hope things go smoothly now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you're back! can't wait to see the after shots! this place looks great :)

    ReplyDelete