Monday, June 27, 2011

More Signs

I could do these all day!  I love them!  I recently saw this quote on Pinterest.  (if you haven't been sucked into Pinterest yet, you are missing out!)  It's an online place to catalog the things you love.  Now I don't have to rack my brain and say, "Now where did I see that?"  It's all in one place and nice and neat in my folders (or boards as they call it).

OK.  Sorry about that little rabbit trail.  Back to the signs.  Please, please, if you try these send me a picture.  I'd love to feature it.  They really are easy to make.  This first one is painted on, well...I actually don't know.  I found three of these on the side of the road. 
Love this saying.  It's so our family!
This one is mine I just don't know where to put it yet.



First I painted the wood.  Then I printed out the letters to the quote in the right size.  Next, I "colored" the back of the letters with a pencil creating my own homemade carbon paper.  Then I put the paper in place and traced the letters.  The pencil transferred to the wood.  

Lastly, I painted the letters by hand with a small paint brush and then distressed it a bit.



My second sign is for a very dear friend for her birthday.  She just doesn't know it yet.  :)
I used the same technique I described in a previous post about tracing the letters with a pen and the impression is left in the wood.  Fence board is softer than most.


Hope everyone is having a great week.  I can't wait to show you my new living room.  I should be able to post pics soon!
Kerrie

Parties I've linked to:


5 comments:

  1. Love it! I have seen such beautiful signs on things that are good in the home. I must have needed to see these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those look AMAZING! I literally posted about a sign I made for our daughters nursery yesterday, it didn't turn out nearly as well as yours did. I will have to try your tactic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great sign! You did an awesome job. My hand would be shaky! Found you on SSS, WUW. I love pinterest too! So, much great inspiration! I'd love you to check out my submission, #230. I have been partying all night and getting tired, but I am definitely hitting that follow me button. Hope to stop by my place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your signs are beautiful! You did such a great job

    ReplyDelete