Friday, April 15, 2011

Copycat Ladder

So I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm officially crazy.  "She's painting a ladder..."  Well, technically yes, but distressing it, sanding it, crackling it, and repurposing it for the house is more like it.

I got this idea from a great blog called Buckets of Burlap.  If you haven't been to see Becky's site, scroll down to the bottom to click on it.  Her farmhouse is wonderful to take a "tour" of.  She just posted about Miss Green, her ladder.  I loved it and knew it would go great in my living room one of these days.  (I'm doing all the little projects for the room, then painting and decorating) 

I knew Michael had this old, rickety, unstable ladder in the shed.  I asked him to go get it for me and he looked at me like I was crazy.  (he kindof does that alot lately...hmmm)  Yes, honey, I'm going to paint it.  Yes, it's going to look great.  Yes, I'm actually putting it in the house as a decoration.  He told me I could do whatever I wanted with it as long as I didn't name it.  hmmmm...  Anyway, back to the ladder.  This. Was. So. Fun.  I combined a few colors of paint to get just the right color.  You know the drill...painted, sanded, distressed, painted again, crackled, etc.   Let's just say hypothetically his name is "Mr. Green."  I'm sure he'll love being in the air conditioner, displaying some cute vintage items, and getting on Michael's nerves.  :)  
(for a better description, please read Becky's Buckets of Burlap post)

Here he it is...




 LOVE this set of 1950's cookbooks that my 
MIL got me a few years ago.





Click here to see Miss Green



*********************************************************************





Chic on a Shoestring Decoratingbutton+FTF.jpg








3 comments:

  1. Well, I must say, Mr. Green is looking quite attractive in his new outfit :) Wow, girl, you did awesome on this project!! It looks so genuine. I simply bought mine "as is" in an antique mall(No painting involved)...and you went all OUT ! What a painter you are! Glad your husband gave up the ladder. I'll never tell that you call him Mr. Green :) Thanks so much for the shout out. Nice to meet a Houston gal :)
    Blessings
    Becky C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Makes me wonder if that little ladder that my dad had in his shed is still there? Hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great...love the color!! As always, thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete