Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dining Room Reveal

I wanted to share with you our new and improved dining room.  I wanted a clean, old south, farmhouse feel to it.  Nothing in here is new, except the curtains.  This was my first attempt at sewing my own window coverings.  I just couldn't find the exact material I wanted in a package so I knew I had to resort to buying my own material and making them. The wall color is actually a gray.  It's hard to tell in some of the pictures.  The first one is the closest.  It is from Wal-Mart called Prehistoric Stonehenge.

 This was also our first attempt at crown molding.  Ummm...let's just say Michael and I still love each other...
 The hydrangea wreath is made from dried flowers I picked while in North Carolina.  I little souvenir I preserved from the trip.  The white plates are all from resale and thrift stores.




This is the same mirror I had hanging up but it was red and gold and didn't go with my new decor...so I painted it.  Surprise, surprise.

Same thing with the table.  Painted the bottom half. 


So with just a little paint, some new curtains, and some new flowers a dining room is changed and updated.  I'm sorry I don't have any before pictures.  Yes, I'm kicking myself.
Have a great week.
Kerrie
 

Parties I've linked to...

9 comments:

  1. Where did you get your fabric? It is exactly what I've been looking for to use in our bedroom! Love the dining room! It does have an old southern farmhouse feel to it. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I forgot to ask before... how did you preserve your hydrangeas? I have two bushes that are blooming wonderfully but I would love to preserve some of the blooms to place in a bowl. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you did with that light fixture! Such a clever idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of yellow!! Great space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dining room looks awesome! I love the color! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful room! It's livable, cozy an still has a sense of southern formality. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely makeover. Oh... crown molding, a true test of patience. The wall color is so pretty. I remember seeing this color swatch. It really looks nice in your DR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done such a great job on your dining room! It is absolutely warm and lovely and we are so glad you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa
    P.S. Those DIY projects are a true test of marriage aren't they? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so warm and inviting! I love your table!

    ReplyDelete