Monday, July 25, 2011

Living Room Part One

 


We can finally sit back and enjoy our living room.  It's finished.  I repainted (my favorite word) the walls and it really freshened up the space.  It is Valspar Malted Milk.  I made the curtains and tied them with some matching ribbon.

I love my ladder.  It is displaying some of my favorite decor.  An old scale, old books, and some linens.  The end table I found at an estate sale for a song and painted it with Annie Sloan Creamy.



The coffee table...ahhh... LOVE.  IT. 
Found it and two matching end tables on Craigslist.  (end tables are for sale)  It was exactly what I was looking for.  Planky and bulky.  I painted it and distressed the top to highlight the grooves.

The rug is the only thing I "splurged" on.   Yes, I actually did have to buy a NEW rug.  No repurposing or thrift store shopping here.   It's from World Market. 



Every time I look at this chair I laugh.  I laugh because my son Jacob saw it on the side of the road and made me stop and get it.  It is heavy metal and the PERFECT color.  I left it as we found it.  



 Another example of using what you have, just tweaking it a bit.  I painted the lamp the same Drizzle color as my entertainment center.  New look, just not new.
  I found the end table at an estate sale and loved it's 6 little drawers.
I have more pictures to come and a striped wall tutorial.  
Stay tuned and happy Monday!
Kerrie

14 comments:

  1. i love everything about this room! the ladder is gorgeous and the perfect color. and the end table with the little drawers- incredible. i've been keeping my eyes peeled for something like it, but no such luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful!!
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so nice! I love the ladder in the corner. Was it a new ladder that you painted or an old one you found already distressed? I'm tempted to get my hubby's ladder out of the garage and paint it!! You did an awesome job!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so great together! Well done!! The end table with 6 drawers is amazing, and I love your coffee table :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice space to relax in. I LOVE the blue ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lovvvvve your coffee table did such a great job on it! A really pretty livingroom! I'm visiting from Nifty Thrifty Thursdays and I'm now your newest follower!
    Stop by when you have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL! I love it so much. You can tell so much thought and work went into this beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I love the color and I especially love your coffee table! Thanks so much for linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very crisp and breezy--would love to come over to coffee and sit in your lovely redone living room!

    Visiting from The Shabby Creek Cottage Linky Party today

    ~Suzanne in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your living room is so beautiful!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable... I love the fresh palette and the cozy feel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. everything looks beautiful, i especially love the finish on the coffee table and the ladder. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. What color is the entertainment center? Is it an Annie Sloan paint? Wanting to redo our living room furniture too. :)

    ReplyDelete