Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Living Room Part Two

Here are some details and knick knacks that I have in my living room.  Also, check out my new striped wall!

This hodgepodge shelf was from my aunt.  My grandfather made it for her and I just had to find a place for it.  I painted it and Michael attached some paneling behind it.  I love it.  So simple.



I found these two chippy shutters at the antique store.  I don't even know what they were used for but I love them.  



Here are my stripes.  My friends have asked me if it was hard to do, to tape everything.   It really wasn't and what an inexpensive way to change the wall!  Below is a picture of the tape.  They are 12" apart (a scrapbook page size).  I had to make a note to myself on every other stripe to not paint so I placed a piece of tape on the ones I shouldn't paint.  I can't tell you the color of the stripes because it is a mixture of some stuff I had in the garage.  A little white, a little gray...mixed until I liked it.  With tape, a level, and some time you can change a plain wall into something with character.  You can go bold or stay subtle.  Have fun!






Parties I've Linked to...








2 comments:

  1. Your home is awesome! I'm loving that striped wall and all of you chippy wood. Thanks for sharing.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your living room! The striped wall looks so nice and I really like how you added the beadboard panel behind the shelf. Everything looks great!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete